Friday, November 04, 2005

Day 5: Thursday October 27

Thursday Nathaniel and I woke up early to visit some of his families from the mission. He served in Vallarta, Nayarit and knew his way around town. It was really cool to be in people's houses again and eat a real Mexican breakfast.

Then Nathaniel took me to this cowboy store where this girl Gabby worked. It was obvious that she had a big crush on him, so they hit it off pretty well since he's no longer a missionary. When her sister Amelia arrived they ditched out on work and hung out with us all day.

First we went to the main tourist strip of Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco. I loved the statues on the boardwalk. After that we got a taxi driver to take us to this place called Eden. It's a forest where they shot the movie The Predator with Arnold Schwarzenegger. We swam around in a pool with a waterfall. After a picturesque drive home listening to Ricardo Arjona, we ate at the took the girls to the Hard Rock back on the main strip. Pretty cool day.

This was the first Mexican household I'd entered in almost three years. Cool sister.

Huevitos con toscino y frijoles...y tortillas de maiz.

This cat speaks Spanish. He told me to get back to my own country.

Um, who doesn't have a secret desire to be a Mexican cowboy?

The helicopter in The Predator. I've never seen this movie.

No comments: