Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Hello Summer. Goodbye Sun.

Yesterday was the first day of summer. In celebration I stormed industriously throughout the streets of Newark and South Orange, NJ--trying to convince local residents to sign three-year contracts to protect their homes and families. Oh wait...that's what I do everyday. Whoops. So I didn't get any sales, but I did get to spend half an hour trying to take a picture of a firefly. I'm not quite sure what is harder: getting people to spend $39.99 a month for home security, or capturing the precise moment when a nocturnal luminescent beetle emits light with a Sanyo 8100 cameraphone. Apparently I stink at both tasks. Today was better though. I'm using blue text to represent the thunderous shower storm we received this afternoon. For some reason NJ weather always does exactly what you would not expect it to do. Today's storm was truly a spectacle. I escaped the pouring rain and hail in my former-sale Pierre's house. Nice guy, that Pierre. After the storm I met another really nice guy named Peter and sold him a security system. Peter is an industrial/graphic designer from Jersey City. For a couple of years he conceived designs for Martha Stewart's Kmart patio furniture line. To this day one of his patio sets remains a popular buy for Kmart shoppers. His mother proudly pointed out to me the table and chairs he designed that were sprawled about the backyard. As a side note, I actually gave Peter the URL to this blog. So if you're reading Peter, I'd like to say: "Hey! How's it going? Congrats on your decision to secure your home with Firstline/ADT. Enjoy your installation on Saturday."

2 comments:

Tolkien Boy said...

It's been raining here, too...are we on the same parallel?

Sorry about the firefly. They're a bit recalcitrant. I tried to get a picture of a hummingbird the other day, and no go. I guess some things are better with a video camera...

Anonymous said...

I love when you update your blog frequently.