Thursday, June 08, 2006

Elementary Idol

My friend Jason teaches ESL at an elementary school in Castle Hill, Bronx. When I heard that his kids were doing a talent show, I knew it wasn't to be missed. Check out these mini divas and b-boys.

NOTE: P.S. 36 is located across the street from the house where J.Lo first lived. She did not, however, study at P.S. 36. She went to a nicer elementary school. Then her family moved away to Long Island, and she went to a rich white school. So technically she is from the block, but she didn't really live on it for very long. Oh well. I'm still planning on not being fooled by her rocks.

Public school buildings here have so much more history than in San Diego. I could not believe how incredibly beautiful this little elementary school was.

Mr. Holt's classroom smells exactly like Dad's first classroom did 15 years ago. I do not know how to explain this.

No comments: