Monday, April 09, 2007

Tiff Jimber

My high school friend Tiffany played a rockin' show this weekend at the Alphabet Lounge. She only got to play four songs, but they were all very scrumptrulescent. I totally surprised her, too. She had no idea that I was in New York, let alone that I'd be at her show.

After her performance I had my first celebrity sighting since I've been in New York. Common (the socially-conscious rapper gone Gap poster boy) entered the Alphabet Lounge as we were loading Tiff's car. You'll all be pleased to know that I resisted the urge to go up to him and ask, "Do you know who you are?"

Yes, folks, my days of harassing the stars are over. My friend Bryan told me that there is an unspoken law in NYC that you can't go up to a celebrity unless you know them personally. I don't like this law one bit, but after awkward moments with Sufjan Stevens and Sonic Youth's Kim Gordon last summer, I've decided I must comply.

No comments: